Monday, January 14, 2013

Wining My Way to the Finish Line

When I said I knew I could not write everyday, I had no idea just how hard it could be to commit. So here I am, 14 days later, writing my second post of the year. And on top of that, I guarantee it will be a short one because it is 5:00 am and I am supposed to be on my way to the basement to workout before work.

Yes, I said I am actually working out before I leave these days, and yes, I love it. So I guess my husband was right (that's something you will NEVER hear him say about me by the way). Yes, he was correct. Having that machine, that so called Christmas gift to each other that I was pissed off about, was the best thing he could have ever done. Not only am I working out consistently, but it has gotten me motivated, back in the gym, and as of two days ago, running outside. I figured it really is going to be my year.

In fact, call me a glutton for punishment, but I bit the bullet and signed up for my first 1/2 marathon yesterday. Now considering I have never so much as competed in a 5k (translation 3 miles), I do not know how I anticipate finishing 13 miles. When I signed up online, they asked me how long I would take to finish, and my immediate thought was "all day", but it would not let me type that. I then began asking my true runner friends what I could expect. The politically correct experienced one said a little over two hours. So I typed in 2 hours and 45 minutes, and the computer (I am still baffled as to how in the world it knew me so well), changed my anticipated time to 3 hours and 15 minutes.

Now, not only do I have something to prove to my husband, and even my own self doubt, but I now have to prove a computer wrong! I can truly say, though, that whatever the outcome, it will be a win-win. Since it begins and ends at a winery. I will either be celebrating a victory, or crying into a few bottles of sauvignon blanc (make that viognier since it will be a Virginia winery).  

2 comments:

  1. How wonderful!!!

    Hey I wish you could meet me at the gym 3 days a week. Yes, I'm a slacker and only go 3 days a week. My trainer ramped up my program this week and my arms are sore as hell today.

    I couldn't run 13 miles in 3 hrs let alone 2. Dear Lord girl. Good for you!!
    I hate running unless being chased. Seriously hurts my boobs even in a sports bra. Which sadly I bought after joining the damn gym!!

    I'll meet you at the winery - just won't be jogging there. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. As you can see from the above article, there is so much to choose from when it comes to desktop computers. satta king
    play bazaar

    ReplyDelete