Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Resolved!

I was reflecting on 2012 and trying to write about it when I decided who cares? It was a good year overall. We were blessed with a new home, and our big boys have made drastic changes in their maturity level. And we took a wonderful memorable one day trip to New York this Christmas. Of course, there were the crazy moments as well where I lost a student to diabetes and it was heartbreaking. I lost a friend to my husband's wishy-washy compulsive personality. I helped a sister, disagreed with another one, and had to help my mom keep her home all because of the sister I helped. I could go on. But why dwell in the past. Like I said, overall it was good.

I would like instead to think about the future and all the things that I have resolved to do in 2013. I need to lose weight (made the list again for 10 straight years), for some reason it keeps going up instead of coming off. I will continue with another repeat offender: exercising more. It may actually happen this year. My husband decided in December that "we" were going to give ourselves an elliptical machine for Christmas. (And he had the audacity to say that we would not exchange gifts because the machine... that he wanted...was it. But that is a whole 'nother story.) Anyway, maybe I really can be a little more consistent now that that contraption, I mean gift (that took us three days to put together) is in the basement.

Sorry, I digressed a bit. I would also like to attempt to eat whole foods. That is going to be hard... and expensive. Not to mention I am not a fan of having to prepare and cook all day every day, but I really think there is something to the claims that there are a lot of unnatural stuff in our foods. Besides, I tried Gluten Free last year and was able to pull it off. Let's see how else I can torture myself this time.

Let's see, every year now for ten years "learn how to play golf" has made the list. The closest that I got to it, was eight years ago when I bought my husband lessons thinking I would piggyback on it with him. However, as luck would have it, his back went out, and he had surgery that put him out of commission for the rest of the year. No golf for anyone.

Another resolution pains me to even have to say. I would like to travel more. As a retired flight attendant, it is unfathomable that I have to even say it because that means that I rarely travel at all anymore as much as I loved it.

Now, a big one that is going to be hard for me is making time for myself. I resolve to get more than one pedicure a year. I am going to visit my friends. I am going to buy myself some clothes. I am going to not only try to get my hair done, I am going to take my son to a barber and my dog to the groomer because I am tired of doing all four of our hair. (I don't think I can get out of doing the hubbies.) And most of all I resolve to not feel guilty when I do do something for me.

Lastly, I am going to try to write at least three days a week on my blog. I would like to do more, but that would lend itself to short, boring, snippets just to say I fulfilled my goal. I enjoy coming here to chat with you and share a funny moment or two. I enjoy having a place to vent where no one can tell me I am long winded. I love expressing myself and knowing that I may make someone smile, or maybe I may simply help you realize that you are not alone because we all experience similar situations. I missed writing so much when I stopped this fall. I refuse to let that happen again. Even if it means extra late nights just to accomplish it. I think its worth it.

For now, it's off to bed. See you in a couple of days.

2 comments:

  1. oooh i hope spending time with friends will include me in that!

    happy new year Tina!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. satta king
    play bazaar everyone is knowledgeable on this subject, and it pays to have helpful tips such as the ones above.

    ReplyDelete