Saturday, February 2, 2013

Not Just for Guacamole Anymore!

Who knew! Maybe you all did, but I can certaninly admit that I only just started buying fresh cilantro since Christmas when a friend shared her "to die for" guacamole recipe. And I did what any other person who normally cooks everything using boxes and instant add-one-ingredient foods, I used a little bit and threw out the rest. Afterall, what else could you do with it? I did not make anything else fresh except for collard greens at Christmas, so I did not need it in any other recipes. To the garbage with the cilantro, and the garlic for that matter.

However, just recently, I was watching a movie called Hungry for Change and discovered much to my surprise that it actually has a huge benefit to our health. It is not just for spicing up guacaumole, it is great for cleaning out the old system as a metal detox. Can anyone say "mercury," or am I the only one who likes tuna? They also mentioned mercury fillings in teeth. (Why people are still doing that, I do not know?) 

As for nutirents, it gives 45% of RDI vitamin C, 200+ of vitamin A, and 258% of vitamin K (based on websites such as http://www.nutrition-and-you.com/cilantro).

 Lastly, shockingly, to use it they simply added to the salad. I would not have to buy a new food processing gadget or learn a new recipe. It was simple. 

So my question to you is since tomorrow is the super bowl, are you making guacamole?

2 comments:

  1. We're gonna make a cook out of you yet.
    I use cilantro for a lot.
    I made a balsamic vingegar reduction sauce with some cilantro. Yummo!

    But this week I'm making choc chip cookies for my photography class. I'm sucking at my homework this may brown nose the instructor.....tee hee.
    hey my first day she said goodies in class were approved and she winked. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. play bazaar
    satta king
    play bazaar
    play bazaar Go online to research other user's experiences with the support representatives. Find out the hours of operation,

    ReplyDelete